This server is born out of the discontinuation of Jonneh and Graham's original Wyvern server, started in October of 2015. One year later, the server has been shut down and the files released into the hands of the public. We are taking the torch and relaunching the Wyvern server from a new location in Canada. We want to continue developing the close community around Wyvern and providing a stable and healthy server well into the future. Much like the original owners, we want to stick the original Wurm experience, but enhance it. Our plan is to slowly repair the state the server was in. If you played before, all of your progress on the Wyvern server has been saved.
* Addition of popular community mods:
Digging Like Mining (dirt now drops on the ground instead of being in your inventory)
Action Timer Fixes (action timers now affect meditation, spells, sacrificing, etc.)
* Respawn of several uniques for players to hunt down. They have been spread around for the community to find and hunt while we continue developing the server.
* Removal of the automated anti-macro features, replaced with higher GM activity and promotion of community members to moderate the server.
* Improvements to server stability and safety. Automated backups (twice a day) and planned restarts when the performance is affected. Database maintenance, faster decay times for abandoned buildings and garbage on the ground.
* Promotion of community members to CA, CM, and GM status to improve server moderation.
* Addition of new mods for quality of life improvements for players.
* Ongoing discussion of what the community would like to see for the future of Wyvern.
* Repairing the economy of the server, to allow new players a way to gain money and quickly set up a deed, yet still encouraging trade amongst the rich players.
Addition of new content:
* More to find in the wilderness aside from just treasure chests.
* Additional loot from champion monsters/animals.
* A more regular respawn of unique monsters.
* Possibly adding in rift/challenge monsters spawning, with unique loot tables.
* More ways to use interesting skills, such as lockpicking and war machines, to uncover randomly generated content.
Encouraging grinding and trading:
* Improvements to the economy, and keeping the original server skill gain timers.
* Possibly looking at adding new items, such as the previously existing depth drill, perhaps with their own new skills to use.
* Possibly looking at improving the functionality (and rate of obtaining) rare, supreme, and fantastic items.
* Possibly looking at increasing maximum QL of items past 100.
* Possibly looking at increasing maximum skill levels past 100.