Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Patch Notes 184.108.40.206
Posted on May 3rd, 2018 09:55 PM EST
Todays beta patch brings the return of creature conditions, meaning each conditioned creature (raging, greenish, slow, etc) will now have subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) colourings distinguishing them.
This update also brings a few tweaks to the mission system and metal system, as well as a few PvP centric systems.
This update should work on existing 220.127.116.11 servers until they update, but if you are experiencing issues you can use the beta branch previous_version.
NOTE: If you encounter graphical issues such as the one below, setting "Limit max dynamic lights" in the settings to 8 or fewer will fix it, we will be releasing a client update once it is available
To keep up to date with everything, make sure you visit our official forums
Catch up with us on social media:
And chat with other Wurmians on our official Discord:
- Heal spell will now heal a minimum of 30% and scale up to 100% depending on cast power.
- Sacrifice creature success for missions will now take player FS and creature CR into account:
- Weaker creatures will be able to be sacrificed at more health.
- The existing requirements of 50% health or less will remain the cap.
- Mission descriptions will now display the movement timer reduction upon completion of the mission
- Epic structure (Obelisk, spirit gate, pylon, shrine, temple) changes:
- All epic structures are now able to be improved.
- All epic structures can be moved and rotated by their owners.
- All epic structures cannot be moved and block deeds if they are involved in an active mission
- Epic structures will not block deeds and will be removed from the pool
of possible targets if on deed on all servers.
- Change: Ongoing creature movement tweaks to help get them off high mountains and away from fences and walls if on deed. Creatures will now prefer to move across flatter paths than up or down steep slopes.
- Change: Icons for pegs, masts and tenons added.
- Change: You can now level and flatten from a boat and the dirt/sand will go into the boat as long as there is enough room.
- Change: You can now do the following while mounted/embarked - yoyo, prune, pick sprout and harvest.
- Change: Copies of keys made from copper are now called key copy, copper in order to differentiate them from copper keys made with copper locks.
- Change: A message in the event window will now appear when you gain an affinity via skill usage.
- Rank is now more evenly split between attackers. Rank gained/lost depends on the total average rank of all attackers versus the killed player.
- If there is more than double the number of attackers worth of rank to be split, half will be spread evenly and the other half will be spread based on the rank of each attacker (lower ranked attackers will gain more than a higher ranked attacker).
- If there is only enough rank to be split evenly, then no bonuses will be given based on attacker rank.
- If there isn't enough to be split evenly, then it will be split based on attacker rank only.
- Killed player will lose 75% of the rank gained among attackers, instead of 100%.
- (e.g. 20 rank split across 5 attackers: Each of the 5 will gain a base of 2 rank each. The other 10 rank will be split between attackers based on their relative rank - lowest rank attacker might gain 3 bonus (total 5), next 3 might gain 2 (total 4), and highest rank might only gain 1 (total 3). Killed player will only lose 15 rank instead of 20.PvP Rank:
- Affinity will now go to a random attacker instead of the "max" attacker.
- Changed the chance for the affinity to be lost without transfer:If the chosen attacker already has at least 2 more affinities in the chosen skill than the killed player (before the affinity is lost), they will only have a 50% chance to gain the affinity. If the do not gain the affinity, another random attacker will get the chance instead.If no permanent affinity is gained, a week long timed affinity will be given to a random attacker instead. Killed player will still lose the affinity.
- All other attackers will gain a timed affinity of between 1 and 2 days in the skill of the lost affinity.
- Champions will now lose an affinity on death even if it is their only affinity.
- If a killed player doesn't drop an affinity (due to only having one, or none as a Champion), a random timed affinity between 3 and 6 hours will be given to all attackers.
- Properly check the correct region when building mission structures on pvp.
- Lowered the number of players required for x player missions on pvp.
- Fixed rewards string for build missions.
- Changed create/sacrifice missions to take into account more number of items properly (bell tower is more than 2 items, for example).
- PvP servers should get less "requires x players" missions at higher difficulties.
- Change: Added animal condition colors back
- Change: Distant terrain textures will look more fitting to the close ones
- Change: Added a Very High setting to Terrain/Shadow Detail
- Change: Fixed glitchy background when distant terrain was disabled.
- Bugfix: Reduced light flickering
- Bugfix: New stone fences will properly export to Deed Planner 2.8+.
- Bugfix: Slate and marble brick pavement will properly export to Deed Planner 2.8+
- Bugfix: Texture size settings will now work for all objects properly
- Bug fix: Artifacts can no longer be placed inside saddlebags/saddlesacks.
- Bug fix: You can no longer remove the string from a bow unless the bow is in your inventory.
- Bug fix: You can now mine out of a cliff tile without getting an error message.
- Bug fix: Fixed various spelling and text errors.
- Bug fix: When opening a gift inside a container, the contents will go into the player's main inventory.
- Bug fix: Smelters and kilns should no longer take damage when on deed and upkeep is greater than 30 days.
- Bug fix: Creation of Sandstone parapets should now use the proper quantity of sandstone bricks.
- Bug fix: The action cycle for completing a fence will now cancel if the player is in the way of completion.
- Bug fix: Global spells cast by player gods will now correctly announce the deity name of the casters.
- Bug fix: Missions will now display there correct karma per item when requiring multi part items.
- Bug fix: Guard tower ritual missions will now spawn correctly and display tower name as well as kingdom affiliation.
- Bug fix: Tile item count will be checked for items dropping on creation and being unloaded in order to prevent piles of more than 100 items.
- Bug fix: Kilns should now properly have the bash/destroy option.
- Bug fix: Various spelling and text errors.
- Bug fix: Small bells will now take on the metal type of the resonator instead of always becoming brass.
- Bug fix: Material types on lockpicks will now properly use and display the bonus for lockpicking.
- Bug fix: The adamantine rune of jackal will correctly change the secondary color of drake/scale armour instead of the primary colour.
- Bug fix: Fixed a depth check for flattening/leveling in shallow water.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue which failed to check for reinforced floors in some cases when mining tile corners.
- Bug fix: Grape seedling removed from mission item list.
- Bug fix: Fixed a dredge leveling action which in rare cases caused a slope to lower by 1 dirt even with a full dredge.
- Bug fix: Fixed branded and bred creatures on deed not losing agro when you back away and click no target.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue that allowed dragging items from a branded/tamed horse onto an unbranded/untamed horse.
- Bug fix: Fixed issues with taking and opening distances with piles and containers.
- Bug fix: Fixed potential issue with uniques dying early.
- Bug fix: Brass oil lamps can now be crafted and improved correctly.
- Bug fix: Returned WU specific slash screen (Thanks Bdew for reporting!)
- Bug fix: Fixed instance of server crashing with uniques dying in local of players who have not finished creation.